Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another Gorgeous Day!

Yesterday Dee went to her work out at Contours, and I went golfing with a clergy friend, Tim. He'd gone to high school with Chris at Treesdale and Chris had suggested I invite Tim to play golf. I did, and we did.

What a beautiful day! The Fall colors are ramping up each day and some of the settings are spectacular. The 75 degrees were very enjoyable. Tim is a very young pastor (He's younger than my daughter.) and enjoys what he does. He'd played golf in high school, but got away from it and doesn't have much time to play now. (I know how that is with ministry.) We had a good time chatting, losing and finding golf balls and relaxing during the day. He seemed to really appreciate getting to play at Treesdale. We both hit some nice balls and scored about 100.

When I got home, Dee and I hung out and worked on some curtains she'd purchased for the bedroom. After we got one up and stood back to look, we decided the color wasn't right. So after dinner we took them back to the store, and then stopped at Barnes and Nobel for a coffee and to check out the various books. I bought a book called "How to Wow"

It has lots of little insights into how to put your best foot forward. Much of the stuff is common sense that really isn't very "common", but seems to make sense when you think about it. I'll throw out some of the gems here from time to time.

We also had a nice talk with out neighbors over the deck railing. They like to play Scrabble and invited us to play with them some time, and I'd mentioned the Wii, and they'd never played that before, so we hope to have a game nite with them in the near future.

Dee and I finished off the evening with hot tub and wine party for the two of us under a bright moon. It's always chilly when we go out to get into the tub, but very comfortable and nice when we get out of the tub. It's like being on vacation when we use it. Afterward we watched a new episode of the television series "Life". What a great day !

No comments: