Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Politicians !

Yesterday we just hung out in the morning, and then Dee went to get her "infrared wrap" and I went to Rotary. At Rotary we had a local politician as the speaker. A lot of people liked her, but I knew going in that she's not the one my neighbor supports. It's amazing how each side has such strong feelings about the integrity of their own candidate and the lack of integrity of the opponent.

It was an interesting process to sit there and know from the start that "this person is here because she wants something from you". As opposed to being there to inform, to thank, to inspire or even to persuade. A different mindset sets in as you listen. For me, I even had trouble listening. Hummm interesting dynamic.

I had planned to golf afterward, but it was raining and it looked like it was going to rain the rest of the day. So I went home and practiced my Bogmeister songs with the ipod and sheet music. Later Dee arrived and we decided to go out and pick up some things she needed. Afterward, we had a fantastic roast beef dinner at home, that she'd cooked in a crock pot. The meat really was delicious. Just the right size for us, and she'd gotten it at the place where she works.

In the evening her friend Kathy G. called. They talked forever, and I did a spiritual gifts inventory at www.churchgrowth.org (click on Spiritual gifts and take the free survey) for our next class at church.

No comments: