Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Christmas In October"

Monday we decided to get some things done around the house and then headed out to Freedom Square Diner for their luncheon specials. We always seem to get a good value for the money. Afterward we stopped at Joann Fabrics and picked up some paint for the wooden Christmas Tree that had been repaired. (It broke during the move.) The color matched perfectly.

We spent the afternoon touching up the tree and getting things (decorations) ready to take to the "Christmas In October" open house of the Bogmeisters.Then after dinner, I packed things up (including the chocolate peanut butter treats we'd made) and headed for the open house. Our dress of the evening was black shoes, socks, slacks and belt with white long sleeve shirt and red scarf. They provided the green ties and red Santa's hats with white faux fur. Very festive. However, when we loaded the tree into the car, it broke again under it's own weight. So we decided to throw it away. Tra-la.

The open house went very well. There were eight guests there who wanted to give singing for fun a try. A couple of them had very nice voices. The idea of the open house was to invite them to sing with us for the Christmas Holiday season. We'll do a "Tour de Butler" one day of various venues including nursing homes, and maybe schools and the Mars Youth Home. Several locations have already contacted us, and others are in the process.

When I got home, I worked on a problem that developed with our printer. Still haven't figured it out. So I had to email the documents I wanted printed to myself, so I could print them on the printer up in the loft with the laptop as ashort term work around. I think I cliked a box somewhere in the properties area and now the printer goes through the motions of printing, but nothing appears on the page. Auggggh! However, I suppose in the scheme of things it's really no big deal and just "small stuff." As in "don't sweat the small stuff."

No comments: