Friday, October 10, 2008

The GPS has been selected !

Interestingly, yesterday's Pot Gazette came out endorsing the opponent of the politician I heard yesterday. Hummm.

Yesterday was one of the prettiest days I can recall. The air was clear and crisp and the colors are starting to pop off the landscape. I golfed at Treesdale while Dee worked a few hours. Wished I had my camera! Afterward I went and had lunch at the Cafe where Dee works. Then I went to a place called Golf TEC to see how they give golf lessons. They use computers and body sensors and video cameras. It's indoors and they have various "packages" that include lessons and practice time on the equipment. Interesting concept. It's about 10 miles from my house. A little expensive, but I thought I'd check it out as an option for the winter.

After dinner, Dee and I went to pick up some "Keurig Coffee K Cups". We have a machine and like their coffee and the ease of preparation. She uses Bed Bath and Beyond coupons to safe a few bucks on the purchase. I also checked at Costco on a Navigon GPS system that Costco had on sale. It turns out the sale price is for online purchase. But it does look like a good system. I've decided to get it and cancel my OnStar turn by turn monthly subscription. This particular navigation GPS has Life Time Traffic Alerts as well as text to speech features. I was going to go for the Garmin 260w but like the traffic alert feature this one had and that it was free. Also, Kerri said Costco stands behind their electronics very well.

During the afternoon, I'd received a call back from the Beaver Butler Presbytery from the Executive Presbyter. We're going to get together for lunch next Tuesday. I'd written him about my move to the area and interest in pulpit supply. I called the Methodists twice and left messages and no response as of yet, whereas this guy contacted me the next day after I sent an email.

No comments: