Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Printer Woes Solved

Yesterday while Dee went to work, I was able trouble shoot the pinter problem I had. Turns out it was a bad print head. Kodak will send me another one to replace it in two days. Whew! They include a new color and black and white cartridges for my inconvenience. (The print head just arrived UPS.) I also practiced using the microphone Susan loaned me with the laptop computer. It plugs directly into the USB port and I can record what ever I want to say or sing. I practiced singing with the barbershop songs and then played back the recording of the song with me singing my part. A good tool for learning to hit the right notes.

Then I set off for nine holes of golf at Treesdale. The trees are starting to change color and "wow". I had a very good round for me and was pleased with the way I was hitting the ball. Later, I went to the Methodist Conference Center offices in Cranberry. I figured they may have some leads for pulpit supply in the area. They gave me the names of two "superintendents" - one for the Butler conference and one for the Pittsburgh conference that comes all the way up to Cranberry. I'll contact them and see if I can get on a "pulpit supply list" for their areas. I also finished reading "The Shack" a novel by Wm P. Young.

Later in the evening we watched NCIS and a recording of "Chuck" that we'd recorded from Monday. We didn't watch the debate but did catch a little of the wrap-up afterward.

No comments: