Friday, April 10, 2009

A Trip to Zelienople

If you havent seen the photos of Kerri's pregnancy, click here and check them out. No baby yet, though. http://kerri.julian.googlepages.com/shower

Yesterday we went to Zelienople to check out a store run by someone from the "chamber networking" group I'm in on Tuesdays. We found a nice kitchen table there but we're not sure about the size. It may be a bit too large. What we have now is 36x36 and is expandable. It was 36x54 and expandable to 54x54. That may be just a bit too big even in the closed position. We like it's sturdiness and color and have been thinking of a change in that area.

We also had lunch at the Log Cabin Inn. We've been there before and enjoyed it the last time we were there for lunch. We thought of going to two other places in our coupon book, but it turns out one had burned down and the other was closed. Tra-la.

In the afternoon, I went golfing (60 degrees) at Treesdale. It was good to hit a few good shots although I lost several balls to the lakes and the woods. I played by myself, but it was a nice day out and I had a good time.

In the evening Dee and I went to church for the pot luck dinner (she took a 4 bean salad that got good reviews). We ate with the Campbells and the Pastor and his wife at our table. During the service I sang with a quartet an a cappella version of "Were You There". It seemed to go well. The whole service was nice and we did communion by intinction. The Pastor did a first person sermon as the Biblical person Thomas. He did a nice job.

While we were there the Sunday school Superintendent asked me to consider teaching the "New Testament 101" class. The people currently teaching it wanted a break since they've taught it the last couple of years. The class would start in September and go through May. It's something to think about. I enjoy teaching and they already have the course handouts from the curriculum used in the past. I could just build on it and tweak it to fit my style. The guy who asked me said that if I had preaching engagements, he's get someone to fill in for me teaching the class on the Sunday's I'd be away. Likely then, that would mean I'd not do any kind of local interim work, but supply preaching as I have been doing this past year. The class is designed for grade 12 students and any adults interested in taking it. It would force me to be more intentional once again about doing weekly preparations. That would be good.

Back at home we watched a little television. Dee had recorded the movie "The Mummy". We watched it for a while, and then finished it in fast forward to see the end. Weird stuff.

Today was also the day they buried the 3 police officers who were shot on April 4 in Pittsburgh. A sad day for the police department, those families and the City.

No comments: