Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bird in the Raccoon Trap

Wednesday was a quiet day. I noticed that we caught a blue jay in our raccoon trap. LOL It seems the neighbor put some of the food he was feeding the birds (peanuts with shells and suet) in the trap, and of course the birds got interersted too. Later in the day I saw the bird had been freed so it must have been the neighbor who let him go.

Rotary today at noon was enjoyable There was no program but several new members stood and introduced themselves and talked about their work, families, hobbies and educational backgrounds. There was a guest at our table who seemed interested in joining. She'd visited another club, but found there were very few women and from what I gathered, she thought our group was much friendlier as well.

During the afternoon I did some reading in the loft. I've been wanting to read J.I. Packer's book "Prayer" but haven't gotten around to it, so I read a chapter in it in the loft. Nice spot.

Tonight I go to quartet practice at the church. Wee'll be singing tomorrow night at the Maundy Thursday service. We'll be singing "Were You There." It was nice to see the sunshine out today, although the high only reached 51 and it was breezy. I did cook our dinner on the hibachi. We'd gotten a coupon for Omaha Steaks and decided to use it. I guess it's a good deal. Lots of cuts of meats and potatoe dishes. Anyway, we had two of the steaks tonight and found them to be very good.

No comments: