Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Snow is On the Ground (Again)

Yesterday we finished putting the china back in the china cabinet (after the painters left) and I hung a vertical mirror in the living room between the two front windows. Then we returned a couple of items to stores because we changed our mind about the window treatments on the front windows for the time being. We put the red valances up and they looked nice against the soft green walls. So we'll stay with that for now.

I've started using the treadmill again. The Dr. says if I walk 2-3 miles a day it'll do wonders for my triglicerides, so I'll have a go at it. I've been listening to my ipod when I do it (Bogmeister music). And it helps the time go faster.

It's gotten cold during the last 12 hours and there is about an inch of snow on the grass and cars this morning and flurries are still in the air. (Where's Spring?)I finished reading my book on "Body Language". Fascinating stuff. I've begun being more attentive to "body language" so I'll see what I can observe. The book goes into great detail about everything from which seat you select at a table for a meeting, to how you sit, look, lean, point your toes, hold your hands, if you smoke whether you blow the smoke up or down, which are all part of "clusters" that supposedly have indications of your inner mood and thoughts. As I say, I'll try to be more observant and see what I can tell what people are saying non-verbally.

I had Bogmeister practice and turned in the money for our tickets for the Pirate game. People can still get tickets to the game but they'll have to order their own hopefully using our code # 722466 to get the discount. Our seats are in section #125. The tickets cost $20 and we get a Pirate Hat as well. WOW!

Last night we heard that our Fall Show will be on October 3,2009 and that it will be an Irving Berlin Show featuring his music. Songs like "Always" "Blue Skies" "Cheek to Cheek" "Walkin' My Baby Back Home" "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm" and "White Christmas" among others. It should be fun learning the words and notes for show.

No comments: