Sunday, April 12, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!

Happy Easter! This year I decided to NOT go to the sunrise service. Last year I went and froze, so I chose not to go this year. (Last year I was newly retired and still had wanting to "attend everything" in my blood. This year I feel differently.) However, the sun is shining and it looks to be a beautiful, though chilly, day.

As I look out my window at the raccoon trap I see that Davey Crockett will get another hat. We moved the trap yesterday after catching two more birds, and that did the trick. I'll call "Davey" later this morning and let him know the news.

Yesterday Dee had a gal from Penney's Store come by the house to give her some ideas for window treatments for the front windows. After that we drove down to the Historic Strip District to have lunch and then go to the Heinz History Museum

We had some coupons for lunch but found that one place had rap music that just wasn't suitable for lunch time. And another one had only take out. We did find a place that we had not been to before called "Care On the Strip" that was very nice. They played Italian music and had free glasses of wine. Dee like the eggplant dish and I enjoyed the grilled chicken salad. After ward we walked back to the History Museum.

The Museum was very nice. It has five floors. We saw the old streetcars, the history of slavery in Pennsylvania, the clothes and costumes of the people of earlier days, the Lewis and Clark expedition story, and a whole floor devoted to sports in Western Pennsylvania from high school through professional. Just about every sport you could imagine was represented with memorabilia. We wee there about 2 hours and enjoyed it very much.On the way home we stopped at Brusters and used another coupon for an iced coffee latte.

Our neighbor stopped by with an Easter egg filled with chocolate for us. That was nice. That's also when we discussed moving the raccoon trap to a new location. He released the two captured birds and reset the trap for what was a successful night of waiting.

Dee and I watched the movie "Madagascar" and then went to bed. Today after church we're going down to Monongahela to be with my mother for the afternoon and to have dinner out with her.

No comments: