Friday, January 16, 2009

Windows and Staying Warm

View from our deck this morning.

Yesterday Dee went to work while I stayed home and continued the window "film" project on the front windows. I completed all but one pane before running out of film again. It looks good and I'm satisfied it'll make a difference. The temp is to go to -2 degrees this morning and stay in the low single digits all day. Wind chill is supposed to be in the -15 to -25 range. Burrrr.

Later I went back to Home Depot for another roll of the stuff, renewed a book at the library on Excel 2002 that I'm using to teach myself Excel (slowly). And I bought some more coffee for my next batch of "cold brewed coffee" that finished brewing just this morning.

In the evening I went to the Bogmeister Board meeting now that I'm VP of PR and Marketing. Lots to do in that job, but the Board was very helpful as I begin establishing a budget of sorts and discovering ways to network and get the word out about our singing group. The meeting was at Bill S. home around the fireplace. Nice atmosphere. The sharing of ideas, and concerns as we move toward getting our charter and non-profit status was good. And it was nice of Jim S. to pick me up en route to the meeting.

Today I head out to Columbus for the "leadership academy" for officers of the Barbershop Society Chapters of our District. I'll be back Sat. evening sometime.

No comments: