Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Little This and That

In the morning Earl C. picked me up for the men's Bible Study group at the church. We saw a brief video on the book of Isaiah, and then had discussion. It was nice of Earl to pick me up. We enjoy the guys who show up for it.

Back home we continued our window "film" project on the kitchen windows. It's coming along well, but we ran out of film and had to stop for the day. We think it's making a difference already regarding retaining heat. And we're getting better at applying the stuff as well. Everything went well except for the dog eating the squeegee handle ;)

We stopped at Giant Eagle for some groceries and I checked out the cheese selections. I didn't get anything, but it was good to see what they have. I received word too, that my cheese books have been shipped. Can't wait!

We got more snow so I did some shoveling. The weather reports indicate it's going to get colder and colder through the week. Friday is to be a high of 9 degrees - burrr. We stayed inside and watched some of the shows we'd recorded. I continue to make and drink my "cold brewed" coffee. I've made two batches and am about to make a third batch. It makes about 7 cups of concentrate that then can make about 30 cups of coffee. The concentrate can last up to 14 days or longer in the fridge, but we drink it before that. I like to make the lattes with it. Yummm.

No comments: