Monday, December 15, 2008

Quartet Sings at Worship

Sunday I got an early start because we had to do our final quartet rehearsal before the early service at church. As it turns out all went well. For our song, "In the Bleak MId-Winter," we used microphones and that worked fine. But, I like to sing without them because then I can hear the other parts better. (Our director says that 50% of quartet singing is listening to the other parts.) After we practiced with the mics so the sound tech could get his readings, we went off to the side and sang without them, and the quartet actually liked doing that better.

In fact, we decided that next Sunday we're going to sing carols around the Christmas tree in the greeting area as people come into the building for each of the services. That wasn't my idea, but I was good to see that the quartet wants to get together to try some other familiar songs. Should be fun.

Afterward, we went to lunch at Hoolihan's with Earl and Marilyn C. It's a new place in Cranberry and the food was good. Afterward we went home, changed clothes and then back out again to shop for treasures we need for the holidays. When we got home, the Steeler game had already started. We watched the rest of the game with baited breath (whatever that means) and were happy they won. GO STEELERS! Dee worked more on the puzzle we started earlier in the week. I think a completed picture of the puzzle is coming very soon.

We finished the evening watching a Hallmark channel Christmas story. Today, I travel to Monongahela to pick up my mother for the "Show" tonight. I'm looking forward to the show. Some of our new friends from church are coming as well. That'll be real nice.

No comments: