Saturday, December 13, 2008

Exhausted - From Singing All Day

Well, Friday the Bogmeister sang in Saxonburg at the Library outside. It was cold and snowy, but the group went over very well. I wasn't with them because I had a Rotary banquet with Dee. However, they then came as part of the entertainment for the night at the banquet. I got to sing with them there, and we went over very well.

Here are some pictures of our "Tour de Butler" today when we sang in 7 assisted living and nursing homes. If you haven't seen my real Santa hat, (Santa is going down the chimney) then here it is. The second picture is of our "Sharp Edge" quartet at the Mars Youth Home where we started at 8:30 AM and then went to 6 other places and got back home by 4:30 PM. A LONG day, but we saw lots of smiles and heard lots of applause.

We brought a lot of happiness to people. I think they were surprised at how well we sounded. We were on our game, but as the day wore on and our voices wore out, it got harder and harder to sing. Our "show" is about 35 minutes long and then there is the MC who has a few jokes and introduces the music selections. We were all done in after it was all over. We didn't stop. And we probably put a hundred miles on the cars (we carpooled) so there was absolutely no "down time". At one point, one of the cars didn't make it to the Sunnyview Home (they got delayed) and so we had to go with what we had. (It is always import to have all four parts represented.) I was the only bass at that point. So I had to carry my part. It went well and the guys thought I did well. But I sure was glad to see the other 3 basses at the next place again.

It was good to get home. The shower felt awesome! Dee and I chilled and worked on the puzzle and relaxed. I have to get up early on Sunday and go to the early service as well as the 11 AM service. I'm singing with the quartet from church at church. Then, Monday night is our program for "friends and family" when I'll bring my mother to hear our concert. That's what we've been practicing for. Today was like one LONG practice is preparation for Monday night.

No comments: