Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Quiet Day

Friday was a qiet day. It rained very hard during the morning. Since Dee had to work, I just stayed put. Took care of things around the house, started the new puzzle and wrote some Christmas cards and wrapped the last few presents. Later when Dee came home, we decided to stay in to work on the puzzle and watch some television.

I'd picked up a new book the other day called Brain Games:Expand your Memory, Reasoning and Creative Thinking and More (vol. 3). It has all kinds of pencil games and it's challenging. Dee likes doing them too, so sometime we work on a puzzle together.

My sister called during her drive from Chicago to pick up my mother to take her to Philly. Normally they stop at my mom's place to rest over night and then head east. This time they were going to stop long enought to get mom and continue on to avoid the bad weather. Whew! That's a long drive from Chicago to Philly. We're all glad my mom agreed to spend time with the girls over the holidays. That way she won't be alone, and she'll be out with other people.

No comments: