Thursday, December 18, 2008

Time with friends and our final "sing out"

Yesterday Dee went shopping with her friend Kathy G. all day. I on the other hand went to my Rotary Christmas luncheon. I took the Campbells as guests because a special musical group from Mars High School was performing as the entertainment. As it turns out the Campbell's granddaughter was in the chorale that played with the stringed ensemble. Here's a photo of the whole group.

The Campbells seemed to really enjoy themselves and the food was great as usual.

Afterward, I did some banking and got a prescription filled before heading back home. I spent a couple of hours with Bonz and going over my music for the last time before our final Bogmeister performance. We sang for the Butler Senior Center at Tanglewood in Butler. We had dinner there with them, and then sang our final "sing out" of the season. Whew! There were maybe 120-150 people there and they seemed to enjoy our music.

Back at home, Bonz and I did some reading until Dee arrived back about 9 p.m. with Kathy. (They'd been shopping for 11 hours!) Later Dee and I went out on the deck to go down to the hot tub when Bonz started barking. The we hears something run down over the hill. I got my flashlight and saw three pairs of eyes looking back up at us - they were deer. Bonz saw or sensed them in the dark and let them know about it. It was really neat flashing the light on them and seeing their blue eyed reflections looking back up at us in the dark. Then Dee and I got in the hot tub and enjoyed the happy bubbles kneading the strain from our muscles after a busy day with friends.

Here's another picture from the High School stringed ensemble (representing the best musician in each section of the orchestra)at the luncheon.

No comments: