Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rotary Golf Outing

Yesteray was the Rotary Golf Outing at Treesdale. Since I decided to NOT golf in the outing, I chose instead to volunteer to help with set-up, registration, and then I did my ranger thing during the actual outing (tournament). It enjoyed it and connected with most of the 120 golfers at some point at least twice. The weather was beautiful and a breeze was blowing a little through out the day. Then of course the rains came and stopped everything. I'd left after the second siren alerting golferes that a lightning strike had been sighted within 5 miles. However, all in all it was a great experience and I'd made the right decision to donate a golf-tee sign and ranger (without pay) for the day. Lots of fun.

I reconnected with Dee and Donna later in the day. They'd gone to see their mom, and then Donna went to connect with her granddaughter, Danielle. Later they all came to our place for dinner along with Donnie and Veronica. Six of us in all. Very nice. I had Bogmeister practice at 7 and had to leave. Practice went very well. I learned some things, and got to sing in a pick-up quartet for one song. We're working as a group on Amazing Grace and Hush for a church service somewhere in August. When I got home, Dee and Donna were looking through old family photos that Veronica brought down from Butler. We scanned a few for Dee. Here's one of them. It's of Dee's three sisters. The one on the left looks a lot like Kerri did at that age. Amazing! Here is another one of Dee's mom a bazillion years ago.

No comments: