Thursday, June 26, 2008

Deck With A View

This is a short video of the greenery behind our house now that summer is here. Also you can see the new building of 4 homes that is nearing completion behind our house. Although it's not complete yet, some of the owners are bringing some of their stuff to the houses. I pleasantly discovered that my second digital camera (Although it takes fuzzy still pics) seems to take better videos than my other camera. I'm pleased it can upload to this blog easily.) You'll be seeing more video clips in the days to come, I'm sure.

Dee and I went to two farmer's markets today and bought some fresh veggies. We had a nice lunch at Sorrels farmer's market as they have a place to sit and eat. The sandwiches we had were made with fresh ingredients and were quite tasty. I called my mother today and talked with her for a little bit. She continues to go to teach line dancing at the senior center in Donora two days a week and then she goes there another day for lunch. I notice that lately she talks about the same thing each time I call. I told her Kerri made a dress with her newly purchased sewing machine. She seemed real pleased to hear that. She still gets confused about altering my shirt sleeves. We talk about it each time I call, and she's not ever gotten to it. I continue to encourage her to complete them. We'll see.

We had a nice dinner on the deck. The sun doesn't shine on the deck after about 3 PM, so it's usually very nice there then. We had a quiet afternoon on the deck. I watched the birds some. It seems we have several types of woodpeckers in the area - downy, pileated and a third type. I also think I saw a Baltimore Oriel, at least that's what my bird book indicates. We closed out the evening by going to a"concert in the park" that was candelled because of rain storms. So we went to Barnes and Nobel and hung out, did some reading and had a nice frappiccino beofre heading home.

No comments: