Saturday, June 28, 2008

Deer Deer

Last night while on the deck, we watched nature in action. There were two deer in the little valley behind our home cleaning each others necks. They were there for a long time so we watched them. Here's is a short video of them. They were a bit far for my digital camera to get a clear shot, but this will give you the idea anyway.

Yesterday Dee went to see her mom, and I guess she was doing well as she drank two glasses of water while Dee was there. And she was in good spirits. Dee also went to Contours to exercise. I was went to work for 3 hours as a starter/ ranger at Treesdale from noon to 3PM. It's a fun job so I didn't mind, however, it was a good thing I called them because I was thinking it was to be today instead of yesterday. Also I got my new schedule for July. They've given me more hours - 3 on Fridays and 8 on Saturdays. That'll be fun.

Later in the afternoon, we went to Joann Fabrics where Dee bought a new sewing machine. Nothing fancy, but adequate for her needs. (That's what she decided to do with her part of the "economic stimulus" money from the government. I got the Sony home theater system with mine. And Donnie is planning to come down and install it with the wiring already in place at the house.) We ended the evening watching movie called "Fluke" about a guy and a dog. We like dog stories, and this one was cute. We're getting one month free of Starz and Encore movie channels.

While on the deck I'd also watched the birds in flight and I spotted a red-bellied woodpecker. He posed on a branch so I could get a long look at him and compare him to the picture in the bird book. Beautiful - another first.

No comments: