Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Relaxing Day

Yesterday Dee had the day off, so we were able to do some things together. In the morning she went to contours and I worked on memorizing the notes and words for the quartet song we're doing on Dec. 14. Then I went to Rotary luncheon. There was no speaker, but we did have a club assembly, That's when we talk about what the Board did and how they are spending the money we raised to give away. They're also planning to go caroling next week after the luncheon - to three nursing homes in the area. and the following week they'll be giving Rotary coloring books (with a good story about ethics that highlights the Rotary 4-Way test) to the 2nd graders and dictionaries to the 3rd graders of the Pine Richland school students.

Afterward I went home and took Bonz for a nice long walk. The weather was nice and the temp at about 45. In the afternoon, we went through the storage boxes and looked at the other Christmas things we have there. We also put the nice lighted ceramic Christmas Tree that Donna made for us in 1972 on the kitchen counter. It brightens the corner just fine.

In the evening Dee got a phone call from Ellen M. so I went up to the living room to read while she talked on the phone in the basement. The living room looked so nice and inviting with the Christmas lights, so I put on some soft Christmas instrumental music, turned on the fireplace (and the glowing embers feature that John C. showed me) and just relaxed reading my book about FDR's first 100 days. I listened to 3 Cds before Dee came up.

Dee suggested that we used the hot tub again, and since I'd balanced the chemicals earlier in the day, I knew it was ready for another dip. We finished off the red wine Donnie gave us and enjoyed the bubbly in the bubbly. We'd discovered another feature of the hot tub we didn't know about. It changed the jets direction and flow and made the massage feature even nicer. Ahhhh God is good.

No comments: