Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My New Santa Hat !

Last night our Harmony Chorus sang our first program. It was for the International Order of Odd Fellows banquet. We had about 18 guys show up. It went very well. We wore red bow ties and Santa hats with our white shirt and black pants combination. I found this hat on Saturday in the Strip District of Pittsburgh. It's different than the usual red hat with a snowball on the peak and white fur around the edges. I'd noticed that a couple of the guys had "different" hats and so I thought I'd get one. Whatd'ya think?

Yesterday was a day for more decorating (put the tree up in the loft area). Also, I began writing and sending Christmas cards. I'm going to include a flier for our Bogmeister "Ringing in the Holidays" flier with the cards to encourage people to attend the fun night of great barbershop harmony music we've planned for Monday, December 15 at 7:30 p.m. at the Pine Richland Elementary School.

I'm happy with the way the decorting is coming along for the holidays. I've never really been into that, but decorating this place is fun. And especially since Dee is working three days a week, and I'm not except on weekends occasionally (I do the Air Base worship this Saturday for the 171st Air Refueling Wing) I have time to get the stuff out, and put it up. Dee then tweaks it with her special touch so it meets her standards. Here is a photo of our new garland on the staircase and the lighted tree in the loft.

After I got home, we took a dip in the hot tub. Nice. There was a breeze, so when it blew by, it really chilled the already cold air so that anything out of the water was COLD, but everything under the water was very cozy. We broke open a bottle of red wine Donnie brought us from the Renaisance Faire they attended. Sipping wine in the hot tub - ahhh heavenly.

No comments: