Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Networking

This cute little people mover is parked at the Station Square Shoppes on the south side of Pittsburgh.

The first thing yesterday morning I had breakfast with Rev. Jim Moran, our new pastor. We talked about ways I might plug in to the church and be useful to him. We explored several possibilities. He indicated there are rules and regulations within the Presbyterian Church that allow for official unofficial positions for retired clergy etc. He was going to look into it further.

Later, while Dee went to Contours and then ran errands, I went to Rotary. While there the new pastor of the Mars UP church was introduced. As it turns out the person introducing him, was the Presbytery's person in charge of pulpit supply assignments as well as the very person Jim Moran would have to talk with if I were to have an official connection with the church.

After lunch I played 9 holes of golf at Treesdale. I worked on the corrections to my golf swing that I remembered from the lesson I had while using my new driver. I was pleased with the results. When I did what the instructor said I did hit the ball better and straighter. PTL !

Dee worked on her new valances for the living room and completed one of them. It looks great! She really enjoys her new sewing machine. Later in the evening I went to quartet practice at the church. Our song is coming along although I really prefer singing acapella or with the organist rather than with an audio cd. The words and notes are coming along. Hopefully when we do the songs on the 7th of September, we'll make music rather than just sing notes.

We finished off the evening watching a mystery movie, "Thrill of the Kill" that had us both guessing "who done it" to the very end. It fooled us both.

No comments: