Friday, August 29, 2008

Driver's Education

Here is one of the two valances Dee made for our living room windows.

Yesterday it was raining in the morning so I decided to get some things done around the house with Dee. Then about noon she went out to pick up a couple of items for our trip to the Dude Ranch while I went golfing at Treesdale. When I arrived for golf, three of the other ranges had just finished their first nine and were making the turn. So I joined with them for nine holes. They've been working at the CC for 7-8 years are were familiar with courses. I had a nice time. Afterward I went to the practice range and worked on getting more familiar with my new driver. I'm learning how to change my swing to fit what the instructor said to do.

Later Dee and I went to a new place in Gibsonia for some new shoes for our trip. We had dinner at Giant Eagle. They have a chicken breast special with two sides that you can't beat. On the way home, we picked up a movie "August Rush". It's about a boy protege who was put in an orphanage at birth. His love of sound evolved into a love for music. The story is about his his mother and father eventually find him after thinking he's been dead from birth. A good story. Afterward we watched part of the Steeler game, and Obama's speech and then turned out the lights.

Kerri and Patrick will be up later on Friday through Sunday. Though they'll visit with friends in the area in the evenings, we'll get to spend some valuable time with them the rest of the days. And they'll be going to church with us on Sunday as I serve as liturgist and give the children's talk. We'll celbrate Kerri's birthday while they are here too.

No comments: