Monday, August 4, 2008

Sunday

I like to share photos I've taken on some of our wanderings. Here's one from our trip to the Strip District last month...He's the sausage guy at Wholeys. He was stuffing the intestine casings with sausage. Neat machine!

Yesterday we went to worship at the Presbyterian Church in Cranberry and met the Campbells there. It was a nice service and a good message. The last hymn, though, was one few people seemed to know. I liked the bass part, but I heard one guy say as he was walking out, "I don't know about that funeral dirge at the end." And it had 5 verses!

We went to Smokey Bones for lunch because there was a coupon in the newspaper for buy one get one free. We had the strip steak and it was delicious. Needless to say that was our main meal of the day. Then, we spent the rest of the afternoon reading the Sunday paper on the deck and then I finished my new book about being called by God and how retirement fits in with that.

My sister had sent me some Internet links for checking out adjunct faculty openings, so I had fun checking that sort of thing out. Dee made us a delicious tuna salad over greens dinner, which we ate on the deck. It got cooler as the afternoon wore on, and we decided to take Bonz for a LONG walk together for about an hour. Then, we closed the evening with a movie "National Treasure 2" with Ed Harris and other stars. It was a REALLY good story.

No comments: