Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Day at the Farm Show

Here are two pictures from the Farm Show yesterday. The one on the left is of some "Best of Show" Peppers, and the one on the right I call "Friends".

Yesterday Earl came over and we installed the new GFI breaker switch. There really wasn't much to it, as I had been told, but I couldn't have done it without Earl's help. He was familiar with the inside of a curcuit breaker panel box. The hot tub guy called and said he'd just discovered that the part he ordered had arrived damaged, and so he reordered it and he'll be out on Monday.

After I took Earl home I went to Rotary, and was officially given my new member packet, certificate and member pin. The Rotary meeting was a recap of the Board meeting and plans for the future. Afterward I played 9 holes of golf. The Cobra golf company had a demo tent there at the driving range. I got to try out some new drivers. A fellow there coached me on the various drivers I was using as we sought the best one for my swing. A fun process. The one I liked was $199.00. A bit steep for my blood, however with my employee discount that should come down a lot., but we'll see. I had a good round of golf. Played by myself, but it was a very enjoyable afternoon.

I could have joined up with a twosome in front of me, but I know one of the men from seeing him while I was rangering a couple of times. I know him to be a whiner and complainer. He always seemed to be moaning about something golf related, so I declined the offer at one point indicating I wanted to work on some things. Good decision.

During the day I received two emails from my "networking" efforts. The first one was from the Academic Dean at Geneva College. He said he got my message and that I sould send him my Vitae and he would pass it along to the appropriate department heads. Cool! The other was from the person in charge at Judson Press. She'd recalled me having written for them in the past and sais she would pass my info along to the person in charge of some of thir adult curriculum projects. Again, cool! God is Good.

After golf, Dee and I went to the Butler Farm Show. It was a hoot. Here are a couple of pictures I took. The one on the left is of the mounted police riding "Treasure" and "Nicky". You'll notice that the horses turned and posed just as I took the picture. (It seems a cow, had just started to walk by and they turned to look at it.) The one on the right I call "Peace."

We finished the evening with a nice dinner at the Butler Ponderosa. Very nice day.

No comments: