Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Busy Saturday

(Note: - you can now leave comments on the blog if you like (see bottom of each day); also remember to click on the photo if you'd like to see it enlarged on your screen.)

On Saturday I worked at Treesdale for the morning. I was a starter for the Grove course. Here's a picture of the view I had all morning. It is 207 yards from the tee to the fairway on this first hole (a par five).

Occasionally you see these signs along the course. A bit intimidating to say the least.

It was a good morning - nice breeze, busy and fun to watch the golfers tee off. I took my binoculars so I could track the balls. It made it more interesting for me too.

While I worked, Dee took care of the homestead. A window guy came and cleaned all the windows inside and out. He needed a long ladder to get the ones in our vaulted ceiling living room, and the windows at the back of the house on the second floor. Dee was happy with his work.

Later in the afternoon, we met some new friends for the Luau at the Adams Ridge Clubhouse. Sandra and Bob were there when we arrived. It was a combination family day and party at the pool, complete with games and face painting for the kids and a rock band in the evening. The food was good - pulled pork, kielbasa and sauerkraut, a chicken dish as well as lots of fruit, veggies, potato salad, and coleslaw and cake.

I was fun to watch the people at the pool (It's L shaped. This picture is of the shallow part of the bottom of the L.)from the deck on the clubhouse. I took some pictures. Here are a couple...

Afterward we went to our friend's home and saw it for the first time. They have a lovely home. It's a "patio home". We'd looked at a couple of them when we were in the market to buy, but nothing we saw was as nice as their place. We chatted on their patio and got to know them better. Bob likes to golf (recovering from back problems) and she and Dee seemed to have lots to talk about. Nice couple. Here's a picture of the four of us at the neighborhood pool...

After we got home, I took Bonz around the court for a nice long walk. and we settled in for some quiet time after a busy day.

No comments: