Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Searching for the GFI

Here's another quote I thought was pretty good, "People with humility don't think less of themselves. They just think about themselves less."

Yesterday Earl C. stopped by in the morning and we went looking for a GFI circuit breaker that would fit my panel board. We went to 4 places and found that it had to be ordered. As the clerk said, "They're not cheap." It should come in in about a week. Hopefully it will be here before the hot tub guy comes back. Earl thought he could install it but wasn't sure. We'll see.

"In the evening I went to Bogmeister practice. It was held at the home of Bill S. We sat on the deck and ate hot dogs and potato salad and drank pop. Then we took our chairs to the side yard and practiced. I think I swallowed a bug or two during the practice. We're getting ready for a performance at Bill's Church on Aug. 24th.

During the day I wrote to Faye and Jan to ask them how one becomes an Adjunct Instructor at the college level. They wrote back with some hints and suggestions. I was wondering , since there are so many community colleges in the area, about seeing if I could teach a course or two in the future. People have told me over the years that sometimes my preaching is like teaching. We'll see.

I talked with my mother in the evening (she'd gone to the center for her line dancing class, and just stayed through until dinner time. They were having spaghetti and she decided that rather than drive home and then back again, she'd just stay through the afternoon. We talked about her next Dr. appointment to check her progress. She said she'd call and make (actually change) the appointment today. Later she called me back to ask why we were making the appointment. I explained that it was so he could see any changes the meds may have had on her system, now that she'd have been taking them for a month. She understood and thought that was a good idea.

While I was at Barbershop Chorus practice, Dee did some sewing she'd been wanting to do, and finished putting the clip on the dog leash Kerri made for Bonz. It's a patterned material that has liver and white colors, same as the dog. Cute.

No comments: