Sunday, May 17, 2009

To VA and Back

Well we're back from our trip to see Kate and Kerri and Patrick in VA. It was a great trip and we're getting use to the idea of being grandparents. We took a baby's swing with us (got it at the yard sale) for Kate. It has 6 different speeds and plays 15 different songs. Kerri said Kate likes it.

We stayed for three days and helped around the house and took Kate for several walks in the neighborhood and to the mall. We had lunch out twice and Kate didn't make a peep. She just gurgled every once in awhile.

I went to the local Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society and sang with them at their practice. It was great. I know about half of their songs and so could join right in. The other half, (One of them was "When I'm 64" by the Beatles. Hummmm. Wow, that's this year!)I sang reading the music, but not so loud as to mess up their harmony if I made a mistake. There were only 9 guys, but they rang a few chords and we laughed a lot. They seem like a nice bunch of guys. They invited me back when I'm in town. Here's a photo I took of the group.

Since getting home, I've been learning how to put photos on a new "Digital Photo Album" that Kerri and Pat gave us. It's about the size of a wallet, but you can keep digital photos in it (up to 7,000) and then show the photos to people that way. It even has a slide show feature that automatically progresses the pictures and you can watch it. It's compact, fits in a purse or pocket easily. Nice idea. However, I think we'll have it filled up before too long. LOL

No comments: