Saturday, May 23, 2009

Getting Ready for the Picnic

Here's a recent photo of Kate.

Since my last entry, I went to visit with my mom. We went to lunch at a place called "The Speers Street Grill" in Speers, PA. It's owned by the same people who own "The Back Porch Restaurant " across the street. It sits along the Monongahela River and you can see a marina and boats going up and down the river. There seems to be a little "village" there with a couple of shops. We had a nice view. Mom said she thought she'd been there before. I took my computer so she could see a video of Kate with Kerri. I also tried to use the Skype program so she could see them live, but they didn't have wi-fi, nor did Eat'n Park nor did the local McDonalds. (They were out of cards that had the wi-fi code on them.) Maybe next time. We had a nice visit. I tried to put her bills in order and make sure things were paid up. I couldn't find the new check's she'd gotten that had the duplicate check system. Not sure where they ended up. However, we did find checks that were relatively new and so used them.

I'd stopped along the way to her place and golfed 9 holes with my friend John Curdie. We golfed at Rolling Green Golf Course along Route 136. I've driven by that place for 45 years and never golfed there. (of course most of that time I was not a golfer) but I've always wanted to do that, so John was available and it wasn't far from his home, so it worked out nicely.

On Friday, Kerri and Pat and Kate arrived just in time to celebrate Dee's birthday. They said their trip went well, and Kate got hungary at the right time (when they got to Breezewood) so it worked out well. Once here, they got to see the changes we'd made in the house, and we got to see and hold and sing to Kate again. They'll be here through Memorial Day. We're having a picnic on Sunday afternoon and invited some of the people who were at her baby shower to come and visit. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Today, Kerri and Pat and Kate will see some of their Pittsburgh friends in the afternoon, and I'll start my first day back at the Treesdale Golf and Country Club as a "starter/ranger". I'll work the afternoon shift and we'll all reconnect later in the early evening. It good to have them back in PA.

No comments: