Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Making Plans for Memorial Day

Yesterday before and after the Chamber Networking meeting I re stained the deck and steps to the patio. I did it once before during one of our trips to the house from NJ. That was two summers ago now. The weather had taken it's toll on the stain job I did then, and I wanted to get it done before the really hot weather came. It looks great again and was a lot easier and less time consuming this time around. Now we can put the table and umbrella on it Yeah!

Today after Rotary the new pub table and chairs for the kitchenette will be delivered. We're looking forward to getting them. It's nice they'll be here for the picnic we're having on Sunday afternoon. Kerri and Pat and Kate will be here for the weekend (Yipee!)and we've invited some people over for a potluck cookout. Should be fun. It'll be a chance to let people see Kate and also see the new paint job and reconnect. It'll be interesting to see how Bonz deals with having Kate around. Here are a couple of new pictures of Kate.

During the last couple of days I've been downloading and trying to figure out a new program called Skype. It allows you to make phone calls through your computer and if you have a web cam, you can see the person you are talking to and they can see you. Kerri has one too, and so we worked out the bugs on Monday and got it working! It was so cool to see her and Kate (and even be able to take pictures of them) from our house here in Mars! I'm planning on taking my laptop and the webcam and also the headphones with me when I go to see my mom tomorrow. I'll look for a hotspot where I can connect to the internet and then hopefully we'll be able to see and hear Kerri and Kate so that my mom can see and talk with them. I think there is a hotspot at McDonalds or the local Eat'n Park. Should be a hoot for mom, if I can get it working. Since we have about 20 people coming for Sunday afternoon, we decided not to bring my mom up for the day this time. Hosting the event, and having Kate here and keeping an eye on Bonz will keep us busy as it is.

No comments: