Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Friend Comes to Practice

We bid fare-thee-well to Jan and Mark, and then Dee got ready to go to work. While she was there I walked the dog, and then picked up a couple of items we'd needed (like dog food). Later we began taking down some of the Christmas decorations and changing out the Christmas dishes for everyday dishes. I'd finished my FDR book a couple of days ago and loaned it to Marilyn Campbell to read.

We worked on one of the puzzles Kerri gave us. It turns out that all the pieces are the same shape - that ought to be fun.

I went to Bogmeister practice and the guy, Bob, I invited from church was there. He was a bit intimidated at first, but soon got into the swing of things. I think he had a good time as he asked me if there was "dues" or anything like that. I told him there was a yearly fee and that he ought to come a few times to see if he liked it enough to join. He likes to sing and knew the melody of one of the songs we sang. However, we did something different this time by starting out hearing about the choreography of one of the "contest songs" rather than doing warm up exercises. It was a bit off putting, but once we got around to singing, he got into the mood. Practice went well.

Later when I got home, we watched the last minute of the Fiesta Bowl and saw Ohio State's fate turn around and lose to Texas. Truly a game of inches and seconds. Afterward, we used the hot tub (23 degrees out) got all the crinkles soothed out of our muscles. Then, we watched a new episode of "The Unit" before bedtime.

No comments: