Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Goes Back in the Boxes

While in Philly mom had her hair done. She looks years younger.

Yesterday we took down all the Christmas decorations, (except for the village on the fireplace) and put them in their boxes and into storage 'till next year. We worked together and it didn't take long at all.

Then we decided to go to Ross Park Mall to have lunch, get a smoothie at our favorie Mr. Smoothie place, and return my pedometer to Brookstone. It just wasn't keeping accurate readings of steps taken. (I decided to keep using one of the cheap ones we had on hand.)We had a nice lunch at the mall and Dee went in and out of a few stores window shopping. Then we stopped in at the new L.L. Bean store. I check to see if they had ankle pedometers because the Brookstone salesman said they had more accurate readings. Bean had wrist step counters that were high tech and considered 95% accurate. They cost a little more than I was ready to pay at the time so we just learned about them.

It rained most of the day with sleet from time to time, but the roads we took were fine. Later I chipped the ice off Dee's car and put it in our garage. COLD ! We stayed in for the evening and watched some television. I worked a couple of "brain" puzzles while Dee visited with her grand niece who stopped by for a few minutes. She's having a wedding shower for her sister this weekend and Dee won't be able to go because of our previously planned "gourmet getaway" at Seven Springs Ski Resort this weekend.

We felt it was a good day because of all we got done and the nice time we had together. I also had a chance to talk with each of my sisters (phone and online) for a few minutes. That's always nice to do. When I reflect on our lives today and having lived in our new home for a whole year now, and all that has happened to us and our family, I feel so blessed. Thanks.

No comments: