Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Problem Solving Successes

Monday was a full day albeit a cool day too. Dee worked for 5 hours and a took care of stuff around the house. I discovered that the clean-up of my computer (laptop) created some issues with Microsoft Office I wasn't aware of until I tried launching one of them. The computer kept asking me to insert the original disk for a file it needed. Fortunately I found the disk (after saving it for 4 years and never needing it once. Once that was cleared up all the office programs worked fine. However, I discovered that one of the applications I had installed years ago had some screens missing from them and so I called Marie, my old secretary to see if she could find the DVDs I'd used for the applications. SHE FOUND THEM! And is sending them to me. (It was video clips from movies that are used in a lesson format to demonstrate "theological themes" in everyday films and literature.

When Dee got home we had a nice dinner and I went to Bogmesiter practice. Practice went very well and we made great progress with the Christmas songs. They also had the elections for the officers for next year. I was elected to be the person in charge of PR for the next year. Whooopiee ! Also plans were announced to do a "show" for the holidays for "friends and families". That should be lots of fun.

When I got home, Dee and I decided to use the hot tub (41 degrees out) and enjoyed a glass of wine with it. It was raining just a bit, but that didn't deter us, as the hot tub is under the deck and protected from the elements.

I also talked with my mother and plan to visit her on Wednesday afternoon for a few hours. I want to check on a couple of things around the house maintenance wise and also see that she's gotten her prescriptions filled again (that's supposed to happen today). I told her too that we'd like to have her up to our place for Thanksgiving. It'll give her a chance to see and visit with Kerri and Patrick and to spend the night here again. Kerr and Patrick have decided that they'll need a larger place for the baby that is on the way, and so have found a new place which they plan to move in to after the middle of December. Change is in the wind in more ways than one.

No comments: