Saturday, October 18, 2008

A couple of more applications

Here is the picture of the "Wall of Golf" I created from some of my golf exploits over the last couple of years. The two pics on the left are from my attendance at the Golf Teaching School at Penn National GC; The two pics on the right are from a trip to the Carroll valley Course near Gettysburg; the one at the bottom is of a course I played in Myrtle Beach; and the picture at the top is of my golfing friends in NJ. (Remember you can always click on the photo to enlarge it to see the details better.)

Yesterday Dee and I went to Costco to pick up some groceries and have lunch. On the way back home we stopped at BBand B where Dee checked out some new curtains for the bedroom. She found some she liked and we decided to get them. At home we just chilled out. I did some reading and she worked with the new curtains. I also filled out an application for an adjunct faculty position listed on the website of Robert Morris University.

I talked with my buddy Steve in NJ. He'll be out here to visit on Sunday night through Wednesday morning. Dee and I are looking forward to that. After dinner, we went to Barnes and Nobel to use some coupons we had for free dessert and coffee. They were very tasty and worth the trip. Dee also interviewed at the Marriott during the day for a receptionist position there. She liked the place and felt the interview went very well. The hours would be more than she'd originally thought of doing, but we'll see how it goes. That particular Marriott was rated among the best in the USA. It's where Ryanne had her wedding reception.

I continue to fiddle with facebook. I was recently contacted by Meghan Shanley from our old neighborhood and also a gal I know when I was a teenager in Monongahela. Kerri had contacted so many of our old neighbors children it's amazing.

We finished the evening with a dip in the hot tub, complete with merlot and a near full moon. It was 50 degrees out, but nice and toasty in the bubbling water. Aahh so relaxing.

No comments: