Friday, September 26, 2008

A Trip to the Mall

Yesterday Dee went to Contours and I went to Treesdale to play 9 holes. However, when I arrived I learned they were having a tournament and the club was closed. So I hit golf balls at the range for a while. When I got home I took Bonz for a nice long walk. Dee did a little shopping before returning. We had lunch and then decided to go to Ross Park Mall.

I drove the back roads to the mall past the North Hills Community Baptist Church. I wanted to be certain of how to get there for Friday night's dinner, and it was a very scenic tree-lined route through North Park. I found the sized watch batteries I needed at a Kmart along the way. We love these smoothies at Mr. Smoothie at the mall, so Dee treated me to a cappuccino one. Yummmm. It was nice to be able to just walk around and look in stores (Brookstone is one of my favorites) without having any agenda. The mall was very quiet with not many people there. That was nice.

As we drove home, I took a different route, and we stopped at Patron's Mexican Restaurant for some enchiladas, tacos, burritos and tamales. We'd been there a couple of times and enjoyed it before.

Later we watched a little television ( Bruce Willis movie) and then had a couple of glasses of wine and relaxed in the hot tub. I sure like those rope lights that come around the deck and down the steps. They provide just enough illumination at night. As I sat in the hot tub I could see the neighborhood houses across the gully behind our place. They remind me of the little Christmas village Dee puts up at holiday time, with their little lights on in them.

We talked with Kerri earlier this week. She started her new job. She still works at the same place, but will have different responsibilities in the same line of work. She's looking forward to the change. Dee will be off to work Friday morning, so that leaves me and Bonz to get things done around the house.

No comments: