Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The MUMs are here !

On Sunday after church Dee went to a reunion of her elementary school friends. Five of them gathered for a luncheon at Dingbats in Butler, and then reminisced for about 3 hours. She had a wonderful time getting caught up and re-acquainted with them. Laughing and crying together.

I on the other hand went to a Baptist church and saw some people I knew there. I've been asked to help with the "credentialing" of new American Baptist pastors, so it's important that I remain connected with a local Baptist Church.

Afterward, I went home and had lunch there and then began doing the little chores that needed done. I began installing some shelves in the back side of the basement (which I completed on Monday.) Dee continued the process when she came home. We're trying to get rid of the cardboard boxes, and consolidate important tax papers etc. into larger rubber made type boxes. It's slowly coming together. On Monday we looked for a new battery for my drill. The old battery won't recharge much any more. I've also decided to get a GPS system for my car. The On Star "turn by turn" system is costing me too much per month for all that I use it. So if you are reading this and have a "car GPS systerm" let me know what kind you have and how you like it. I'd like to get one in the next couple of days.

Later, I went to Bogmeister practice and picked up the mums friends had ordered from our fund raiser. We did well and raised needed monies so we can purchase new music. Our practice was on the Christmas music. I hadn't seen the music before so it was all new to me. Fortunately, there are guys in my section that know it by heart, so that helped a lot. We have to get ready for our open house in two weeks. And, we are going to be doing holiday concerts during the winter months. When I got home, we watched "The Great Escape" with Steve McQueen and James Garner. It was long so we fast forwarded it off and on. A good story.

Kerri is in Austin Texas on work and flies home later today.

No comments: