Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dee Gets a "Spa" treatment

Yesterday we went to the dentist of our six month cleaning and then enjoyed lunch at the new Chinese restaurant near our house. Later toward evening Dee went to Contours to try their new "Spa" and I went to Bogmeister practice. The location was moved because the school where we were to meet had no power. It seems the area was hit pretty hard by high winds. About 69K people were without power. Many trees downed, windows broken and power lines broken.

We were spared most of this, however, when I went to the patio outside, I noticed that the HEAVY COVER over our hot tub was blown off. Dee was gone, so I had to put it back on myself. It took some doing (It's big and heavy and awkward to handle.) but I managed after a bit of maneuvering.

Barbershop Harmony practice was good. We started practicing Christmas songs to get ready for the season when we'll go around and sing various holiday events during December. (I didn't know there were Christmas Holiday songs in the barbershop style. They're fun to sing. All I have to do now is memorize the words and notes... whew!) I got home in time to watch the final episode of the season of "The Closer." It's one of our favorite television programs. I watched some of the Eagles/Cowboys game. Sad that the Eagles lost. It was the highest scoring NFL game in history - they said.

No comments: