Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another Nice Day

Here's a quote from some of my reading this week... "We tend to turn to prayer in extreme moments - Great joy, "O how good God is!" When all human sources have failed, "O God, help me." Anguish, guilt, fear send us to God when no aid is near or, if near, would not understand. But prayer may be so much more: a way of life, a resource, a comfort, a continuing communion."

Yesterday I took a couple of items to the dry cleaners. That's the first time we've done that since retiring. I guess we just wear less formal clothes now. Then I went to Rotary for the luncheon meeting. Dee went to work for the afternoon and evening, so I stayed at Treesdale shot 9 holes of golf and then practiced my chipping and sand trap shots.

While there my mother called my cell phone and we had a nice talk about some concerns she had. Later I went home and took Bonz on a LONG walk. The evening at home was quiet so I decided to start reading the new book "The Shack" that I'd bought last week. It's supposed to be the next "Pilgrim's Progress." It is a good read so far.

I receivedanother request to preach at a local church on October 5 at the First Baptist Church of Aliquippa. That'll be fun since i've been there before, and I will also be speaking at the Air Guard Base nearby later on that same day. When Dee came home, we got caught up on all the day's events at her work and with me. Then we watched an episode of "Monk" we hadn't seen before.

No comments: