Sunday, August 10, 2008

Turtles and Parties

Yesterday we enjoyed a nice breakfast at "First Watch" compliments of Kerri's coupon. The place was really busy, but they have coffee for people waiting to be seated, newspapers to read, and nice chairs outside. There was a cool breeze that made the wait all the more enjoyable....

After breakfast I dropped Dee off at the house and I went to work at Treesdale. I had the noon shift which consisted entirely of rangering (no starter responsibilities). So I rode the golf cart, greeted folks and enjoyed a lovely 72 degree day with a breeze for a few house. It's amazing there were so few people at the course on such a nice day. The other rangers were off at 2 PM so I was a "long ranger" for about 4 hours. Here's a pic of a very large tutle I saw on my rounds

When I got home, Dee and I went to the neighbor's house for a birthday party for him. They had a large 20x20 tent up in the back yerd. The party had a DJ and a Mexican theme. We saw several of our neighbors there and got to know them better. That made it especially nice. We had some good conversations with them and Dee learned that one couple lived not far from where she grew up and knew several of the people that she knew (small world). The food was catered and all the food was authentic from Patrone's. A new Mexican (or Equadorian) restaurant on route 19. Here is a photo of John with his mother and his three daughters.

Other photos from the party...

No comments: