Monday, August 11, 2008

A Quiet Day

Sunday we went to worship at the Presbyterian Church. It was a good service. The pastor talked about "fear" and the importance of faith to overcome fear. It was the story of Peter walking on the water. The special music was a gal who played the guitar and sang. She was good, but Dee and I couldn't understand the words of the songs. Having them printed in the bulletin would have helped a great deal. Also, I was given another lead regarding teaching at the community college level. I plan t follow that up as well.

We stopped at Eat'N Park for a nice lunch and then we went and picked out a picture for our living room. It looks like it's a "keeper". Then when we got home, I took Bonz for a long walk for about an hour. The weather was just great. The did him and me good. While we walked Dee decided to polish the hardwood floors. They look nice.

We enjoyed reading on the deck for a while. Later I talked on the phone with my mother about her going to have blood work done on Monday in preparation for the Dr. visit on Thursday. She said she's running out of meds and needs to have them refilled. In the evening I talked with my sister who just got back to Chicago. She'd spent a day with our mom en route. She gave me some pointers for when I go to mom's on Thursday. Afterward Dee and I watched "The Bucket List" with Morgan Freeman. A good story but sad.

All in all a quiet day.

No comments: