Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Relaxing Day

Yesterday was a relaxing day as I went to Rotary for lunch. The speaker for the day was from the YMCA in Cranberry. We learned the history of the Y and also of the court battle between the Y and a local fitness club. The club complained that the expansion of the Y was illegal. The Y expanded their site and built a fitness room with exercise equipment etc. Although the Y has won several of the cases and appeals, there is still another appeal pending. If the Y should lose the case it would have ramifications for all Ys across the country.

After lunch I played 9 holes and enjoyed the afternoon while Dee went to get her hair cut and do some errands. I also put in an order for a new Cobra driver at the club. I had tested one out a week ago when the Cobra people were here for a demo. I liked it and the guy who helped me had me try various clubs until we settled on the one that seemed to give me the bests drives for my swing.

Once back home we took Bonz for a nice long walk and then had burgers on the grill on the deck. It was a lovely evening so we spent time on the deck reading until dark. AFterwards I filled out the adjunct faculty application online for Community College of Allegheny County.

No comments: