Thursday, July 3, 2008

Making Plans

Yesterday was a day of phone calls and making plans for Dee's mom's funeral. Fortunately, Dee and her sisters had met with the Funeral Director several weeks ago and made all the important decisions then. That made yesterday run much smoother. It was decided to have the service on Saturday at 2 PM with the committal service right at the Young's funeral home in Butler. We went out to breakfast and then Dee eventually met up with her long time friend Kathy G. and her granddaughter and they spent time together in the area.

On the other hand I went to Rotary and then played 9 holes of golf. There was a nice breeze in the mid 70s and I wasn't rushed with people behind me. It was relaxing. I'd taken my camera along so I could take some pictures of the beautiful course surrounded by magnificent homes. Here is one of my favorite holes. The drop from tee to green must be over 100 yards downhill! You can see the homes along the course. Very nice spot to stop and think.

When I got home, I read some of a book I'd been wanting to read for a long time "What Ever happened to Grace" by Phillip Yancey. I interspersed reading with bird watching. I saw several yellow-bellied sapsuckers and brown-headed cow birds. I still marvel at being able to see them flying by at eye-level, or being able to look down on them as they fly by.

When Dee got home with Kathy and her graddaughter, Heather, I showed them the woodpeckers through the binoculars. They thought it ws cool too. Bonz was so excited he welcomed them with the usual "pee on the shoe" welcome on the deck. After they left we spend more time on the deck enjoying the nice weather and talking.

This fourth of July weekend will be a busy one as Kerri will be home later tonight, then I work 8 hours tomorrow (the 4th) and then the funeral on Saturday and I preach on Sunday morning at Franklin Park Baptist.

No comments: