Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary !

Yesterday was our 37th wedding anniversary. Dee went to see her mom at the nursing home and did her exercises at Contours. Then, later in the day we went over to the community center where I got permission for the Bogmieisters Barbershoppers to place a large temporary sign along Rochester Road for the up coming "open house." Then we went shopping for some odds and ends at Walmart and had a delicious iced coffee.

Since it rained off and on, we decided to go home and get some things done there. We heard from Jan and she plans to fly to Pittsburgh on Monday the 7th. We'll pick her up at the airport and bring her to our place. Eventually we'll take her to Monongahela to stay with our mother for a few days. Mark will drive through after about a week and pick up Jan and take her on to their place in Philadelphia. It'll be nice to see Jan again, even if it's only for a little bit.

For our anniversary Dee wanted to go to the Springfield Grill for a nice dinner, but since I had Barbershop practice at 7 PM we decided to go to Smokey Bones for a casual dinner and do Springfield Grill later in the week. As it turned out the Smokey Bones meal was great and they gave us delicious desserts honoring our anniversary. We had the same waitress that Dee had when she ate there with the group from Contours.

Afterward I went on to Bogmeister practice. While there I visited with Dee's mom briefly. I showed her my Qchord and had her strum it a bit. She was tired so I didn't stay long. She seemed to like the music and the sound of the chimes. I'll take it back for her to see and strum again. When I first went into the room, I didn't recognize her as she'd lost some weight since I last saw her, and she was tucked into bed.

No comments: