Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Nice Day

Saturday I worked for 8 hours at Treesdale. It was the Club Championship - 2 days of 27 holes each. So we were busy the whole time. The people are pleasant and so it went very well. It was hot, but we had water and I was in the shade of my cart all day. Not bad.

After I got home, I rested a bit and watched a movie called "The Long Kiss Goodnight." It was an adventure mystery. I liked it. I thought it had a good plot with lots of twists. Then Dee made dinner on her new kitchen grill. Then, we took Bonz for a nice walk around the neighborhood and met a nice woman (also Dee) and her daughter (Kelsey). She was a wealth of information about the neighborhood and the daughter (about 12) helps people with their dogs when they go away for vacation. We know some of the people she helps and will check with them about how well they do. (They take the dog to their place to stay while you are away.) You can see their house from our deck. Then we went to Barnes and Noble to hang out and have a nice cold Frappicino. I scanned a couple of books on birds and Dee did the same with diet and cook books. We finished the evening adding water to our hot tub. The water level had gone down due to a small leak that only leaks when the motor is running (must be in a pipe join or something like that.) I'll have to have it looked at by the repairman we had come to service it back when we first filled it and turned it on. A busy day - slept well.

Kerri is coming by briefly on Sunday to celebrate my birthday which is on Tuesday. We plan to meet her after church this morning.

No comments: