Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Birthday time

Dee surprised me with a gift on wheels. Love that gal!

Yesterday was my birthday so we thought we'd go to a movie. However, the hot tub maintenance guy was scheduled so we had to wait for him. He came in the early afternoon, so we didn't go to the movie after all. We ate at home. As it turns out, I needed a new circulating pump and heater for the hot tub that = $$$. He said it was a dangerous situation and good that I'd called him. Parts were ordered and the tub drained. During the day I had phone calls from my sister Faye, and talked with my friends Steve, Paul Anselm, and Dr. Vera Farris called. Kerri was in Florida for a day on business and called from there. Nice cards also reminded me of friends from back in NJ. Even Bonz got me a card!

Here's a short clip from the Barbershop Open House. We had a guest quartet from North Hills - the Steel City Singers.

We'd gotten a catalogue from the SAMS club and decided to check it out. We took Dee's old Sams card wit us and it turns out to be valid for another 8 months. Also, the deck umbrella we'd purchased was showing signs of wear due to faulty construction and we'd only had it 10 days, so we took it back. While there we had a "birthday sundae" to celebrate the day. We walked the dog and enjoyed the deck and birds at the feeder in the cool of the evening. Dee made a great dinner for us and so we ate at our picnic table on the deck. Despite the news about the tub, it was a good day.

No comments: