Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Picnic Table is Finished!

Yesterday Dee was able to go to Contours and I resumed work on the picnic table and benches I started on Sunday. In the process I discovered that one of the pieces was made incorrectly and so I had to return the piece to Costco and exchanged it for the right piece from a different picnic table kit. After that, everything went smoothly and the table is complete and on the patio. It took me the rest of the afternoon. I was pleased to have finished it. And I even used some tools I've had for many years and never used before. In fact those tools made the job much easier. One of the nice features about this table is that the seats, although attached at one end, can swivel in and out.

Later I went to Bogmeister practice at the Pine Richland Elementary School. We practiced a lot of patriotic songs that I'd not practiced before. This was in preparation for the Memorial Day presentation of music at the Passavant Retirement Home in Zelionople. I'll know some of the songs but not all of them.

While I was at practice Dee completed quilted table runner she started at Seaview last year. Here is a picture of it too. We're just as busy as bees right now.

No comments: