Friday, April 11, 2008

Shave and a Haircut

As you can see from the photos Bonz, our springer spaniel, has been to the groomers. He always looks about half his size when he returns. I'm sure he'll be a lot cooler now that the warmer weather is on it's way.

Other than that, yesterday was a quiet day as Dee went to Contours, and I went to the local par three course and worked on my short game. I'd been wanting to try the course because it's so close. It was the only one on it so I was able to hit several balls at heach hole for a nice time of practice.

Late in the afternoon I was able to sit on the decck and read my Benjamine Franklin biography. I'm up to the part where he successfully negotiates an alliance with France much to the disappointment of England. The stage is set now for the American Revolution. The author indicated that this alliance was probably the most significant international pact in American history save for the NATO alliances.

Today we leave for Kerri and Patrick's place in Bethesda. It'll be our first visit to them as a married couple. I'm looking forward to seeing their new apartment.

No comments: