Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Busy Couple of Days

Here are two pictures of the progress being made on the homes behind us. As you can see, the super structure is going up now.

It's been a busy couple of days. On Sunday we went to church and then out to lunch with Earl and Marilyn and then picked up the extra items Dee needed for the curtains. She came up with some nice ideas for how she wanted to hang them and decided to make her own for one of the bedrooms on the second floor. They'll bring some color into our home. They look great!

Monday was busy with golf in the morning with Earl at Lake Vue North - 9 holes. We had a great time and though it was cool in the first part of the morning it warmed up nicely into the 60s. I shot a 51 which is not great, but good for me. I hit a couple of real nice shots and had two pars. I'm confident that as I get to play more my scores will improve. Dee went to Contours while I golfed. She worked some more on her curtains and then toward evening we went to Monroeville. She met Kathy Nelson at the mall while I met with an interim committee to talk about their church, it's needs and hopes. We had a good conversation. There are parts of the situation that could be fun to work with and there seems to be good leadership willing to do what's needed to grow, but it is a 35 mile ride one way, and with our cars being leased, that would chew up our mileage quickly. I'm going to check and see if there is a way to extend the mileage on the leases. Still, I have to pray on this matter as it's not an easy decision as it would require 3 days per week and I'm not sure I want to do that just yet. The decision will likely have more to do with me than with them.

In the bigger picture, Kansas won the NCAA championship in overtime and the Pirates lost the home opener in 12 innings. In both situations, it took the winners more than the regulation time to win the game. Life is sometimes like that, in that you can't accomplish all you want to in the time allotted to you so you have to make the extra effort needed to accocmplish your goals.

No comments: