Sunday, March 9, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

My what a beautiful sunny Sunday morning we have today! The brightness of the sun reflecting off the snow is magnificent. As I went out to get the morning newspaper I noticed that the snow plough had already been by on our street and the snow on the ground is only about 2 inches deep. PTL. However, I'm reading that other places had blizzard conditions.

Nonetheless, we did as little driving as necessary yesterday.

      I did manage to enjoy watching a couple of golden finches, a purple finch and a bright red cardinal on the deck. The neighbor's bird feeders draws a variety of birds to observe. It reminded me of my bird watching days. (I must get another "Peterson's guide to North American birds" again. I had so much fun trying to identify the birds in our back yard in Southfield and Penn Hills but got away from it in Linwood.)

The Qchord was a welcome distraction from the snow as was the current jigsaw puzzle. All in all a quite day for us.

And Dee's dinner of "asian turkey burgers" with corn and creamed spinach side dishes was awesome. Nice.

Oscar Hammerstein II once said, "I know the world is filled with troubles and many injustices. But I think it is jst as important to sing about beautiful mornings as it is to talk about slums. I just couldn't write anything without hope in it." That's what this sun shining in my window and onto this keyboard does for me.

No comments: