Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's a Small World After All

Yesterday we went to the new dentists office we selected about 3 miles from our house. Little did we realize that the dental hygenist would be a former high shcool classmate of a young person from our church in Linwood, NJ. Or that she would also have had Dee's former boss's wife as a teacher. Go figure. We were both impressed with this new office experience. The technology they use now is astounding. They took digital photos of my fillings with a pen like tool and showed them to me on a screen in five seconds... Amazing. As they took Dee first, I read more about Ben Franklin's experiences in London.

While they took me, Dee then went to Contours for her workout right next door. Then at noon I went to Rotary had a great lunch and met more new people. As luck would have it I sat next to the manager of the Golf and Country club, so I was able to ask him my questions about the membership options and also about summer hiring of "rangers" etc. It was very helpful. The speaker was from a social agency that seems to be doing a lot of good in the greater Pittsburgh area. And one of the ways they do it is through a Ben and Jerry's franchise that they non-profit operates. I was impressed. They also have a traveling ice cream stand that people can rent for fund-raising events. Great idea!

During the afternoon I worked on new chord progressions and committed them to memory for "Amazing Grace." I even started experimenting with various rhythums for the sone since the Qchord has 10 built in rhythumns.

      Our dance lesson ventured into new territory last night as we were introduced to the "hustle" and it's timing. It's a faster step and syncopated. A little more difficult, but we'll get it. It's interesting how the instructor has organized the class so that even though the East Coast Swing, the Jitterbug and now the Hustle all have different timings, once you get the timings of the "basic step" down, then the various things you can do with it are the same in each style of dancing. (e.g. inside and outside underarm turn, sweatheart cuddle, hammer-lock etc.)

      Here's the latest installment of the progress on the building going up behind us.

      Thought for the day: Today when I turned on my computer there was a message on the screen that said, "New updates are ready to be downloaded." The implication is that with these updates my computer will be protected from the viruses out there and will run more efficiently once they are installed. Hummm - That's what is supposed to happen each week when I go to church and have my faith updated and installed for greater efficiency and faithfulness. And to be protected from the nastiness that can cause a person to crash. "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say rejoice!"

No comments: