Friday, March 14, 2008

At Last!

At last I've been able to figure out how to indent paragraphs with the proper html code rather than using a multiple space command! I've been looking in bookstores every chance I get, at the computer section to find an entry level html book. Yesterday during out trip to Boardman, Ohio I found the info I needed. Evidently there is also something called a "style sheet" that I could create that would make multiple changes in the whole blog with just one entry rather than put the code manually at the beginning of each paragraph. But until I figure that out, I'm happy to have made this progress.

As the time of retirement continues, I'm resolved to keep trying to learn to do new things. The list is getting longer and I'm enjoying it very much. Our trip to Boardman was on Dee's list of things to do. She'd been there 25 years ago with her mother and daughter and thought it would be a nice day trip. It was. The temp hit 60 degrees, we picked up a slew of vitamins we needed, she bought some new boots and we learned that the price of wine is about the same in Ohio as in PA. I was surprised that Ohio doesn't use E-Zee Pass on their turnpike.

On the list of new things I've learned is "how to use my new printer." It's a Kodak Easy Share 5300. It specializes in printing good photographs. I have probably used the "copy" feature the most. (When I was at the church I took for granted the availability of the copy machine. And I knew once I retired I wouldn't have that any more. So the copy feature of this printer is getting used regularly. Just single copies here and there, but it's nice to have.

I remember when I first got the machine and tried to install the print head per the instructions. It didn't work. I called the company and they walked me through the installation and even sent me a second print head. It still didn't work. They determined the machine was defective and so sent me a new one to replace the new own I bought. On one occasion the conversation with the tech person went like this, "Push the little black button in the upper left corner of the print head." I said, "I don't seen any little black button." He said, "You can't see it, but it's there. You'll feel it. When you do, push it and it'll click and cause the print head to pop out." I did what he said and sure enough it was there.

Later I thought, of the theological parallel to what he said, "You can't see it, but it's there." Sometimes that's where we are with our faith in God and the presence of the Holy Spirit. Scripture gives us the assurance that "God is there, even when we don't see Him." The challenge is always to "trust in the Truth of His Word." In the words of The Word, "Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believed."

As you can see from the photo below, the footprint of the housing unit being build below us is now complete and they've hauled away most of the excess dirt. Fascinating.

By the way, I see Sherron left a "comment". Thanks. Anyone can leave a comment by just clicking on the link below where is says "0 comments".

No comments: